- Single use, ophthalmic blade
- Utilizes ab interno approach through a clear cornea micro incision
- Precision engineered to fit in the canal of Schlemm
- Dual blades positioned for precise parallel incisions of the trabecular meshwork with minimal residual leaflets
The Kahook Dual Blade (KDB) is an elegant, single-use, ophthalmic blade that makes parallel incisions in the trabecular meshwork (TM) and inner wall of the Canal of Schlemm. The device has a micro-engineered profile which allows for insertion into the eye through a clear cornea micro incision. The surgical grade stainless steel body is comprised of a long, thin shaft that allows for access across the anterior chamber, a pointed tip used to pierce TM under gonioscopic view, a ramp that lifts and stretches the tissue as the device is advanced, and two blades precision manufactured through laser cutting technology to produce simultaneous incisions in treated tissues.
- 1. Pointed tip easily pierces the trabecular meshwork
- 2. Ramp elevates and stretches trabecular meshwork
- 3. Dual blades excise strip of trabecular meshwork
- 4. Foot plate prevents damage to anterior wall of canal and facilitates smooth motion
Watch this animation to learn more about the benefits of the Kahook Dual Blade.
Register with New World Medical to get certified for the Kahook Dual Blade procedure. Once registered you can go through a power point presentation followed by an informative quiz to get your Kahook Dual Blade surgeon certificate.